They Said That?!
“Just because we do it better than everyone else does, doesn’t make (us) a monopoly”
– Dana White when asked if he thought the UFC was an MMA monopoly.
“Me, Randy and MMA fans all over the world want to see it. The only obstacle is Dana.”
– Fedor Emelianenko on possibly fighting Randy Couture. Through an interpreter as quoted by MMAWeekly
“He’s like a crazed chimpanzee.”
– Frank Mir on Urijah Faber’s Fighting Style
“I went down to Hughes’s camp and focused 100 percent on fighting instead of milking cows.”
– Tommy Speer on training for the TUF finale.
“Nobody wants to hear anything after the fight. ‘Oh yeah, but I was injured.’ Nobody wants to hear that crap.”
– Matt Serra on pulling out of his fight with Matt Hughes
BOOTY IN THE PANTS
“If he was a girl you’d say he had a badonkadonk”
– Joe Rogan on Tyson Griffin’s posterior
WHO NEEDS RULES?
“I haven’t forced them to compete in MMA, because the rules today don’t favor the fighter with better technique… when you got five minutes, gloves, and quick stand-ups, the more explosive fighter, who is very aggressive and on the juice or whatever is going to go crazy for five minutes and win the round. When he’s sweaty strong you can’t do much too him in that short time…it’s not real. All the rules hinder the analysis of who is the better fighter, so I don’t recommend the boys get into MMA.”
– Rorion Gracie on what’s wrong with the rules in MMA today.