8 fun facts about UFC 150: Henderson vs Edgar II at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado.
1. The Pepsi Center is home to the NBA’s Denver Nuggets and the NHL’s Denver Avalanche.
2. UFC 150 earned the lowest live gate for a pay-per-view event since 2007, with a reported total of $650,000 in ticket sales and 15,008 attendees.
3. Denver, Colorado sits roughly 5,280 feet (one mile) above sea level. The reduced oxygen content at this altitude can cause problems for athletes who are not in peak physical condition.
4. Fighters arriving a few days early to the Denver venue in hopes of acclimating to the higher elevation may actually be doing more harm to themselves than good. It can take up to one month or longer to fully adjust to Denver’s altitude, and the fi rst few days may actually see a drop in performance as the body ramps up to make the necessary adjustments.
5. The main event may have been even closer than some realize. According to fightmetric.com, the bout would have been scored a 48-48 draw.
6. Benson Henderson’s last six fi ghts have ended in decisions.
7. Donald Cerrone was awarded twice the usual bonus pay—$60k for Knockout of the Night and $60k for Fight of the Night.
8. On the flip side, Melvin Guillard had a weekend twice as bad as usual. He was the only fi ghter on the card to miss weight (and forfeit an undisclosed percentage of his purse to Cerrone as a result), followed by getting knocked out for the first time in his 44 fight professional career.